Hospitals’ Basic Rules and Regulations
- Hospital services and facilities are available on request and on payment or promise of payment of reasonable fee.
- Hospital properties and equipments (movable and immovable assets should be protected and preserved by end-users including patients)
- Case records of patients containing vital patients’ information are sole properties of the hospital.
- Unless otherwise stated the patient is deemed to have given his consent for the subsequent care he receives having registered as a patient.
- The hospital shall expect every patient seeking its services and use of its facilities to have been duly registered and issued with a number.
- Patients are to demand official receipt (s) for every payment made in the course of seeking and obtaining medical attention.
- No staff members or any other person (s) shall receive money, gratifications or payments in whatever form on behalf of the hospital unless those duly designated for the purpose.
Avenues for Seeking Redress
Patients who are dissatisfied with services and human relations in the course of treatment could seek redress using appropriate channels. Aggrieved patients (patients or guardian in the case(s) of children) could access.
- Patient Right Protection Office and Personnel
- Servicom officers and its personnel
- Public relations office
- Consultant responsible for his case
- Heads, Clinical Department
- Members of management
- No contractual obligations exist between her and patient’s relation or guardians (except in the case of children) on issues that bother on care of a third party or person
Service Compact Measures Instituted
- 24 hours services exist for in-patients and cases of emergencies
- Out patient services commence at 8:30 am and terminates at 4:30 pm (Monday – Friday including holidays)
- Maximum waiting time permissible in the following areas are:
COPD – 1 hour
A & E – 30 minutes
CHER – 30 minutes
- Revenue units – 30 minutes
- Pharmacy Unit – 30 minutes
- Laboratory services – 1 hour
- Case files, results of investigations, samples (unless in extreme cases) must not be handled by patient or his relations or guardian
- Information from hospital records including case notes can only be reproduced or tendered following due permission granted by the CMD or his designate on request made in writing