1. Copyright. All material on this site, and the files associated with it, are copyrighted by the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) or by the original creator of that material. It is protected by the copyright laws of the Nigeria and under treaties with other nations. Unless otherwise stated, no material on this site is in the public domain. You may download, copy, reproduce, redistribute, republish, display, post, or transmit material on this site only if expressly permitted, and then only the designated material. UBTH in no way represents or warrants that your use of materials displayed on this site does not infringe the rights of third parties.
2. Scam. UBTH’s website - www.ubth.org - has no portion and is not a means for payment of medical bills, financial transactions, or the like. Every hospital bill or financial obligation to the Hospital can only be paid, fully paid, or resolved by being physically present at the Hospital. UBTH Management is aware of the high rate of Medical Scams on the Internet, and therefore advises that the authenticity or genuineness of claims presented electronically or the like by anyone as a UBTH Staff or operating under the instruction of UBTH cannot be fully verified by merely visiting the Website. Full verification of such is only complete by being physically present at the Hospital and following the appropriate procedures at the appropriate Department. UBTH will not be responsible for any damages, scams, frauds, or otherwise, suffered by anyone for not fully verifying information or transactions done in the name of the Hospital’s website, Hospital’s email addresses, or any other means of electronic communication.
4. Accuracy. While making reasonable efforts to ensure that all information in this site is accurate and up to date, UBTH makes no representation or warranty of the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of the information.
5. Specific Disclaimer Concerning Medical Information. The information provided in this Web site is for informational purposes only. It is not a substitute for medical advice. All medical information presented should be discussed with your healthcare professional. Remember, the failure to seek timely medical advice can have serious ramifications. We urge you to discuss any current health related problems you are experiencing with a healthcare professional immediately.
6. Limitation of Liability and Exclusion of Warranty. THIS SITE IS PROVIDED AS IS, AND YOUR USE OF IT IS EXCLUSIVELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. UBTH MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE USE OF THIS SITE OR THE MATERIALS IN IT, AND DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ACCURACY OR QUALITY, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. UBTH ALSO EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO, OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT, YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY AS YOU ACCESS OR BROWSE THE SITE OR DOWNLOAD MATERIAL FROM IT.
7. Communications by You. Any communication or material you transmit to the site by electronic mail or otherwise, including data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and may be treated as, non-confidential and nonproprietary. Anything you transmit or post becomes the property of UBTH and may be used for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, market research, fund-raising and focus groups. Furthermore, UBTH is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques in any communication that you send to the site, for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, and marketing products. We do not respond to any questions concerning specific medical conditions. If you transmit such information, while we will not intentionally release it or make it public, we cannot assure you that the information will be kept private. WE URGE YOU NOT TO SEND SUCH INFORMATION BY EMAIL.
8. Trademarks. All trademarks, service marks, and logos (”Trademarks”) displayed and used in this site are the property of their respective owners. Nothing in this site should be construed as granting any right or license to use any Trademark without the written permission of its owner.
9. Content of Linked Sites. UBTH has not reviewed other sites linked to its site, and is not responsible for their content. Accessing linked sites is at your own risk.
10. Revisions. UBTH reserves the right to modify and supplement these terms at any time, without prior notice, by posting the new terms on the site. You agree that your continued access and use of the site shall constitute your acceptance of the new terms.
11. Disputes. This agreement is governed by the laws of Nigeria, regardless of conflicts of laws.
The University of Benin Teaching Hospital has created this statement to demonstrate our commitment to on-line privacy. It discloses our information-gathering and dissemination practices for this website.
You may visit our website without submitting any information about yourself. If you send us e-mail or subscribe to one of our on-line publications, you will be asked to submit information about yourself. We will use this information for replying to your message or forwarding the requested material. We do not share this information with any other partners, affiliates or members of UBTH. Our website may log the IP addresses of visitors, but only to administer the site and diagnose problems with our server. IP addresses are not used to identify individuals.
This site contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for their privacy practices or content. You will be asked to ”accept” or ”decline” a statement dealing with this.
Please note that UBTH will not respond to any question concerning a specific medical or health condition. If you submit such a request you will receive a standard response that you should consult with your own health care professional. Of course, we will not intentionally share the contents of this type of an e-mail with any third party. However, due to the nature of electronic communications, we cannot and do not provide any assurances that the contents of your e-mail will not become known or accessible to third parties. WE URGE YOU NOT TO PROVIDE ANY CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU OR YOUR HEALTH TO US VIA ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION. If you do so, it is at your own risk.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or the practices of this site, you can contact us at email@example.com.
YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS BY USING THIS WEB SITE.