Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the UBTH Institute of Health Technology( IHT), Benin City for the 2015/2016 academic session in the following courses.
(1) Environmental Health Technology. HND; Course Duration: four years
(2) Dispensing Optics. Course Duration: three (3) years
(3) Anaesthetic Technicians. Course Duration: three (3) years
(4) Plaster Technicians. Course Duration: three (3) years
(5) Audiology Technicians. Course Duration: three (3) years
(6) Dental Surgery Technicians (DST). Course Duration: three ((3) years
(7) Occupational Therapy Technicians. Course Duration: three (3) years
(8) Medical Image Processing Technicians. (Darkroom Technicians)
Course Duration: three (3) years.
(9) Biomedical Engineering Technology. (ND); Course Duration: two (2) years
(10) National Diploma in Paramedics (ND); Course Duration: two (2) years
(11) Public Health Nursing Officers. HND; Course Duration: two (2) years.
1. Applicants should possess a minimum of five (5) credit passes in not more than two (2) sittings at the WASCE/NECO/GCE/NABTEB O/L which must include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology for Programmes 1, 3, 4, 6, 10 and 11ONLY. For Programmes 2, 5, 7 and 8 ONLY WASCE/NECO apply.
2. Health Science is acceptable as substitute for Biology for Paramedics and Environmental Health Technology courses.
3. Candidates seeking admission to Public Health Nursing Course will in addition be expected to meet the following requirements.
a) Registered Nurses (RN) certificate
c) Registered Midwife (RM) or Psychiatric Nursing Certificate with one (1) year post-qualification experience
(Candidates with Bachelor of Nursing Science (BNSC) degree would start at HND II (Final year).
4. For candidates seeking admission to Biomedical Technology Course a pass in any of the following subjects will be an added advantage, Wood Works, Auto-Mechanics, Basic Electricity, Technical Drawing, Economics and Fine Art.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Admission forms are obtainable at the Office of the Principal, Institute of Health Technology, UBTH, Benin City at a fee of N5,500.00. All payments for purchase of application forms should be made directly to “UBTH Corporate Patients” Account; Number: 5030047475 with Fidelity Bank PLC.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS
Completed application forms should be submitted at the Office of the Principal, Institute of Health Technology, UBTH before Friday, 14th August, 2015 while entrance examination to the various courses will hold on Saturday 22nd August 2015 at 9.00am at the Institute Complex, UBTH, Benin City.
Mrs. G. C. Njoku
For: Chief Medical Director
Written by Webmaster