Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following Programmes:
1. FULL-TIME, PRE-NATIONAL DIPLOMA (Pre-ND).
2. NATIONAL DIPLOMA (ND).
3. HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND).
University of Benin Teaching Hospital, Benin City has a Mono-technic accredited by relevant Regulatory bodies (National Board for Technical Education (NBTE), Health Records Officers Registration Board of Nigeria (HRORBN) and the Joint Admission Matriculation Board / Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (JAMB / UTME) to train health professionals in Health Information Management.
1. PRE-NATIONAL DIPLOMA (Pre-ND)
• Prospective candidates must have a minimum of Three (3) credit passes at not more than (2) sittings in WASCE, NECO, SSCE or GCE in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Health Science.
• Successful candidates would be expected to remedy their academic deficiencies while in School.
• Candidates who wrote the 2015/2016 JAMB / UTME and could not meet the cut-off point as recommended by JAMB are eligible to apply.
2. NATIONAL DIPLOMA PROGRAMME (ND)
• A minimum of Five (5) credit passes at not more than two sittings at WASCE, GCE, SSCE or NECO in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and any of the following: (Physics, Geography, Economics and Government).
• A minimum score of 150 ( or as recommended by JAMB for Polytechnics and Mono-technics) in the 2015/2016 JAMB / UTME
3. HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA PROGRAMME (HND)
• Have requirements for admission into the ND programme.
• National Diploma (ND) Certificates in Health Information Management.
• Holders of Technician Certificate in Health Information Management (Upper Credit) from Schools or Colleges of Health Technology may be considered for admission.
• Evidence of completion of One Year Industrial Attachment.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
• Application Forms are obtainable from the Office of the Head of School of Health Information Management, University of Benin Teaching Hospital, Benin City.
• Candidates are to pay a non-refundable fee of Five Thousand, Five Hundred Naira (N5, 500.00) only; payable into the Schools’ Account with (Fidelity Bank, “Corporate Patients Account”; Acct. No: 5030047475
Completed forms should be returned to the Office of the Head of School on or before Friday 21st August, 2015.
POST UTME / SCREENING:
Date: Saturday 29th August, 2015.
Venue: The School Premises in UBTH.
Time: 9:00am prompt.
For Chief Medical Director
Written by Webmaster