Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) is described as presence of symptoms and signs of kidney disease lasting more than 3 months. The symptoms include
- Generalised body weakness/chronic fatigue
- Body swelling.
- Reduced urinary output.
- Recurrent vomiting.
- Low blood level(Anemia).
- Recurrent hiccups.
- Seizures And lots more
The global incidence of kidney disease is currently on the increase.
- Chronic glomerulonephritis.
- Chronic use of pain killers (non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs).
- Chronic use of skin lightening creams(containing mercury/hydroquinone).
- Chronic use of herbal medications and other toxins, e.t.c….
- Use of hard drugs like cocaine, heroin and amphetamine.
The goal of WORLD KIDNEY DAY is to create awareness about kidney diseases, prevention and treatment.
This year’s celebration comes up on Thursday, 10th March 2022.
Theme; Kidney Health for All
The Renal Unit of UBTH intends to celebrate this year’s world kidney day by
- Organizing talk shows on radio and television.
- Free health screening for persons in oluku community in Benin City.
Join us as we celebrate….