• Provide students /residents with information in the basic sciences as a foundation for understanding the literature and adapting future advances into clinical practices.
• To improve the knowledge, skills and attitude of house officers/residents in the practice of general dentistry, with emphasis on treatment planning and decision making as well as the recognition of complicated cases in need of referrals.
• Prepare students and residents to partner with general dentists and other specialties to ensure that patients receive optimal care.
• Train specialist who demonstrates proficiency with the diagnosis, treatment, planning and treatment of patients with particular emphasis on the use of Evidenced based knowledge.
• Train clinicians who demonstrate expertise ability in the management of patients requiring advanced restorative care as well as the provision of long term supportive therapy for the patients.
• Train clinicians who will generate, disseminate, preserve knowledge and serve the community and the profession
• Prepare students to successfully take and pass the fellowship examinations of both colleges.
• Prepare students for future administrative responsibilities.
Mission: To offer undergraduate and postgraduate training that will engender excellence in education, research, patient care and community service
Dr M.A Sede, BDS, MHPM, FWACS, FICS-consultants and Head of Department.
Dr L.O. Ibhawoh, BDS, MHPM, FWACS- Consultant.
• Dr. Omo Julie
• Dr. Enabulele joan
• Dr. Mabiaku Yvonne
• Dr. Bini-Okoh Akpovode
• Dr. Omokhua Harrison
• Dr. Omigie Terry
• Dr. Imarhiagbe Ehigie
Mr. A.O Ekpebe, B.Tech (Dental Technology) MBA principal dental Technologist
Mrs. E. Lawal HND (Dental Technology)
Mr. L.I Aguebor HND (Dental Technology)
Summary of departmental training activities:
Mondays: 8:00-10:00am. Departmental Seminar, 10 -3pm outpatient’s clinics
3:00pm -4:00pm consultants lecture/ laboratory demonstrations.
Tuesday: 8:00am-10:00 am Case Reviews
10.00am – 4.00pm Consultant Clinic (Dr Ibhawoh)
Wednesday: 8:00am-1:00 pm Residents Seminar
1:00pm – 4:00pm out-patients clinics
2:00 – 4:00pm Consultant lecture Laboratory Demonstrations (Dr Sede)
Thursday: 8:00am – Interdepartmental Seminar
10:00am- 4:00pm use of library journal review
Friday: 8:00am- 9:00am Consultant Lecture
9:00am – 3:00pm Out-patients clinics
3:00 pm– 4:00pm Journal Club.