Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the University of Benin Teaching Hospital Institute of Health Technology (IHT) Benin City for the 2019/2020 academic session in the following courses:
- Environmental Health Technology (WAHEB) – Course duration: 2 years ND, 2 years HND
- Public Health Nursing Officers – Course duration, 2 years HND
- Anaesthetic Technicians – Course duration, 3 years
- Plaster Technicians – Course duration, 3 years
- Dental Surgery Technicians – Course duration, 3 years
- Occupational Therapy Technicians – Course duration, 3 years
- Dispensing Optics – Course duration, 3 years
- Biomedical Engineering Technology – Course duration, `2 years.
- Emergency Medical Technology (Paramedics) – Course duration, ND 2 years, HND 2 years
Please Note : For School of Biomedical Engineering Technology (SBET), application is through JAMB.
- Applicants should possess a minimum of five credit passes in not more than two sittings in WASSCE/NECO/GCE O’Level subjects which should include English language, mathematics, chemistry, physics and biology. Subjects obtained with NABTEB are acceptable for the programme 1,2,3,4,8 and 9.
- Health Science is acceptable for Emergency Medical Technology (Paramedics) and Environmental Health Technology courses
- Candidates seeking admission into Public Health Nursing course will in addition be expected to meet the following requirements:
- Registered Nurse (RN) certificate.
- Registered Midwife (RM) or Psychiatric Nursing certificate with one year post qualification experience.
- Candidates with Bachelor of Nursing Science (BN Sc.) would start at HND II (final year)
- For candidates seeking admission into Biomedical Engineering Technology course, a pass in any of the following subjects will be an added advantage: Wood works, Auto mechanics, Basic electricity, Technical drawing, Economics and Fine art.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Admission forms are obtainable at the office of the Principal, Institute of Health Technology, UBTH Benin City, at a fee of N6,000.00 (six thousand naira) only. All payments for purchase of application forms should be made at the designated revenue units within UBTH or through the REMITA platform with the account name: Training Schools, in any bank in Nigeria.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS
Completed application forms should be submitted at the Office of the Principal, Institute of Health Technology, UBTH, on or before Friday, 24th August, 2019, while entrance examination to the various programmes will hold on Saturday, 31st August, 2019 at 9:00am at the Institute of Health Technology complex, UBTH, Benin City.
Joshua I. Uwaila, Esq
Head, Public Relations Unit
For: Chief Medical Director