- Acute care management for the return to functional performance
- Physical disability rehabilitation e.g. stroke, spinal cord injury, Head injury and Cerebral Palsy.
- Standardized Disability assessment, prevention and management
- Home modification and fall prevention programmes
- Facilitation of normal development in children with disabilities
- Facilitation of normal sensory processing for normal adaptive behavior
- Standardized hand function assessment and rehabilitation
- Activities of Daily Living Training
- Social skill training
- Stress management and psychosocial problems affecting daily functional performance.
- Burns, rehabilitation (e.g. pressure garment and splints)
- Community integration
The department has continued to contribute its quota to the recovery of different categories of patients in the hospital, which has impacted their functional restoration and overall quality of life.
In-line with the cardinal objective of the hospital on training, the department offers training for Occupational Therapy interns and students from other institutions. Also, in a bid to realize the ministry of health’s vision on middle level man-power development, the department in 2013 commenced the Occupational Therapy Technician programme and the graduates of the School have been making tremendous impact in the service delivery of different health institutions across Nigeria.
The department which is headed by Mr. Eleyinde S. Temitayo and supported by 13 Occupational Therapists, 2 OT Technicians, Interns and other Administrative members of staff.