The University of Benin Teaching Hospital aspires to be a leader in providing quality healthcare solutions in West Africa by ensuring the provision of quality and affordable healthcare in various fields of Medicare to the public. In a bid to achieve this, there is need to always provide medical facilities and tools to enable better and improved services in various fields of Medicare to the public. Accordingly, the Federal Government of Nigeria has Appropriated Funds in the 2021 Appropriation Act for the execution of some projects in the Hospital; and in compliance with the Public Procurement Act 2007, the University of Benin Teaching Hospital hereby invites all interested and eligible Contractors with relevant experience to tender for the following:
|LOT||CATEGORY : WORKS|
|1.||Completion of Advance Cardiac Laboratory Building|
|2.||Completion of New House Officers Residence Building|
|3.||Completion of Proposed Building Complex for NHIS Service Building|
Firms interested in bidding for any of the Lots must possess the following eligibility requirements:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms CAC1.1, CAC2 and CAC7;
- Evidence of Company’s Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2018, 2019 and 2020) valid till 31st December, 2021.
- Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021.
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021.
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021.
- Evidence of Registration on National Database of Contractors, Consultants and Services Providers by submission of interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31th December, 2021 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of University of Benin Teaching Hospital or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years (2018, 2019 and 2020).
- Evidence of financial capacity to execute the project by submission of reference letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects;
- Company’s Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications (COREN,QSRBN, ARCON,CORBON etc.)
- List of Plants/Equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease; for construction.
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Compliance Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Compliance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are Compulsory for JV Partner);
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm.
These documents are to be arranged in the order in which they are listed above.
Prospective bidders are to collect the Standard Bidding Documents from Room 12, Procurement Division, Administrative Block, (Laundry Extension) UBTH Ugbowo, Benin City from the date of publication of this advertisement between the Hours of 9:00am and 4:00pm. Evidence of payment of a non-refundable tender fee of N10,000.00 (Ten thousand naira) only per lot made through REMITA PLATFORM to UBTH at any Commercial Bank in Nigeria must be presented before the collection of Tender documents.
Prospective bidders are to submit bid for each of the LOT desired, two (2) hard and soft copies each of the Technical and Financial Bids. Tender documents are to be enclosed in two separate envelopes, one to contain the Technical Bid and boldly marked “TECHNICAL BID” on the top right corner and the other to contain the financial bid and boldly marked “FINANCIAL BID” on the top right corner. The two envelopes are to be placed in one large envelope showing the lot number of the project for which the bid is submitted and addressed to:
The Chief Medical Director
University of Benin Teaching Hospital,
Furthermore, the envelopes are to be submitted in a tamper proof Tender Box in Room 12, Procurement Division, Administrative Block, (Laundry Extension) UBTH Ugbowo, Benin City not later than 12:00 Monday, 15th November, 2021. Bidders are to ensure that they sign the Bid Submission Register at the point of submission and obtain a bid submission receipt, as UBTH will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids. Any bid received after the stated date and time shall be returned un-opened. All submissions must be made in English Language.
The technical bids shall be opened immediately after the deadlines for submission at 12:00 noon on Monday, 15th November, 2021 at the VIP Lounge, Catering Department, UBTH, Ugbowo, Benin City. Bidders or their representatives, Civil Society Organizations, Non-Governmental Organizations and other interested members of the public are invited to witness the opening of the technical bids.
For further enquiry, please contact the Head of Procurement Department on this e-mail address: email@example.com
* Bid must be in English Language and signed by an Official Authorised by the Bidder
* Prospective bidders for each Lot should note that enclosure of Technical and Financial bids in one and same envelope will result to exposure of the financial bid at the time of technical bid opening, hence will result to automatic disqualification.
- Submissions that do not meet up with all the requirements specified above shall be rejected.
- Evaluation of bids and documents shall be strictly based on the requirements specified above.
- This advertisement should not be construed as a commitment or obligation on the part of the UBTH Benin to award these contracts.
- The UBTH is not bound to consider any bid and reserves the right to reject all bids at any time prior to the acceptance of a bid or cancel the procurement proceeding in the public interest.
- Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for financial bids opening, while the financial bids of unsuccessful bidders will be returned unopened
- The University of Benin Teaching Hospital is not obliged to award the contracts to the lowest cost bidder.
- Due diligence exercise shall be conducted to verify all the claims made by bidders;
- The University of Benin Teaching Hospital is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
For further enquiries/clarification on the advertisement, please contact the Head, Procurement Division, UBTH on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For: Chief Medical Director