This World Pharmacists Day is an opportunity to communicate how, together, pharmacists are transforming health through a variety of health services in their communities, including advising on healthy living, vaccinating to prevent disease, and ensuring that medicines are taken correctly. It’s also a chance to let people know how pharmaceutical scientists transform and prolong people’s lives by developing safe and effective medicines and vaccines, and pharmacy educators are transforming outcomes by ensuring that there are enough qualified and competent pharmacists and scientists to meet the growing needs of our societies. (FIP President Dominique Jordan)
As pharmacists, we are indispensable members of the healthcare team. Without pharmacists, the world would be in medication crisis. The Hospital Pharmacy Department has 18 Clinical Service Units which is one of the largest in the country. On the occasion of this year’s world pharmacists day, we appreciate all pharmacists of the University of Benin Teaching Hospital as well as Management and other Staff for joining hands to make us a reference point in pharmacy services in Nigeria.
(Pharm (Mrs) C.O. Olumese)
Today, the professional role of the pharmacist in hospitals and community pharmacies is changing from a focus on preparation, dispensing and sale of medications to one in which pharmacists assist the public to get the best possible results from medications through patient education, physician consultation, and patient monitoring.
- Evolving Role of Pharmacists in Hospitals
- Specialization In Different Areas of Pharmacy
- Render Pharmaceutical Care Services
- Extemporaneous Compounding
- Quality control
- Critical Care
- Medications Review
- Pharmaco-vigilance Activities
- Multidisciplinary ward rounds in Geriatrics and Oncology
- Prevent, Identify and Resolve Drug Therapy Problems
- Medication Reconciliation
- Active participation in Drug and Therapeutic Committee
- Research and scientific publications.
- Clinical Preceptors to Pharmacy students (Undergraduates and Post graduate students)
Hospital based production of Hand Sanitizers by Pharmacists in UBTH in response to covid 19 pandemic